Tuesday 20 February 2024

In Review : Blogs 1-25....and what's next??

Tuesday February 20th 2024


So, I started blogging November 23rd last year, that’s one blog every 3.56 days. Is that sustainable? I have no idea! I write when I want to write. Two per week feels right…



First off though I’d like to thank everybody who’s commented or contributed in some way to any of the pieces so far. Special thanks to Trevor Hood (19/01, “Hey! Teacher!”), Keith Toop (28/01, “George Harrison’s Contribution”) and Steve Twinley (16/02 “It Takes Blood & Guts”) for their willingness to join in, those blogs would not exist otherwise!


There were six blogs about general music topics, six blogs on songwriting, three on playing live, four on tuition, three on gear, two on classic songs, plus however you’d describe this thing that you’re reading right now. Each blog has at least a few subject tags, in case you hadn’t noticed…. Look down the lower right hand side if you’re searching for something specific. There's also a list of the first 25 blogs at the end of this blog too, newest to oldest.


So going by number of views : 


Most Ignored Blog Winner :
#001 “Please Allow Me To Introduce Myself”

(I possibly should have expected that.

I didn’t tell anybody I was doing it….)


Most Adored Blog Winner :

#014 “Hey! Teacher!” Unmissable Pink Floyd tracks


In fact, lots of people volunteered their top 5 Pink Floyd tracks, I was going to tell you about them in this particular blog, if case you'd missed them in the facebook chat. Honestly though, there’s a few too many for that, and I don’t want to leave anybody out, so in the next few weeks there’s going to be a follow up. If you have a top 5 unmissable list of Pink Floyd songs, it's not too late to share yours…


So…what’s coming up in the next 25? Well it’s partly up to you! There’ll be more Pink Floyd (as mentioned) and the second part of Keith’s blog on George Harrison. I did a strumming workshop for a local guitar group the other week, there’ll be some follow up on that, and I’ll be looking ahead to REMbrandt’s 10th birthday show at The Hanger Farm Arts Centre in Southampton on Sunday June 23rd - with special guests BEMIS and Sophie Hodgson. More collaborators, eager to share some different topics are in the pipeline too, but I’m not going to spoil it ALL in advance. 😉


Thanks for reading so far, don’t forget if you’ve got an idea for a blog or want to join in in any way, get in touch!


Cheers

Jon










No comments:

Post a Comment

That's it, I'm off...

  Friday March 1st 2024 Ok, it's official. This blog has now moved to... jonwh33ler.wixsite.com/blog Why don't you come on over and ...